Material Safety Data Sheet
WS Lapping (cleaning) Compound - Water Soluble
Product Name: Cleaning Compound MSDS
Version: 5.0 Date:March 2006
PRODUCT PART NUMBER: 81-101-500
1) Chemical Product and Company Identification
PID ANALYZERS, LLC
2 Washington Circle, Unit 4
Sandwich, MA 02563
Telephone Number: (508) 660-5001
24-HOUR EMERGENCY NUMBER: 1-617-699-4307
Fax Number: (508) 660-5040
Product Name: Cleaning Compound
Chemical Name: Aluminum Oxide
Common Names / Synonyms: Cleaning Compound for PID Lamps
2. Composition / Information on Ingredients
Ingedient %: Off-White Aluminum Oxide in complex mixture of glycols, water and flowers of sulphur
Volume: 5 grams
LD50 or LC50Route / Species: N/A
3. Hazards Identifiation Emergency Overview
Release of this product may produce a mild odor (especially in confined spaces or other poorly ventilated environments); individuals in such atmospheres have no real chance of asphyxiation.
Route of Entry
- Skin: No
- Contact Skin: Yes
- Absorption: No
- Eye Contact: No
- Inhalation: No
- Ingestion: Yes
- Exposure Limits: Yes
- Irritant: No
- Sensitization: No
- Reproductive Hazard: No
- Mutagen: No
- Carcinogenicity: No
- NTP: No
- IARC: No
- OSHA: No
EYE EFFECTS: WILL IRRITATE EYES
SKIN EFFECTS: MAY CAUSE DERMATITIS AFTER PROLONGED USE
Material Safety Data Sheet
INGESTION EFFECTS: Ingestion unlikely, CALL DOCTOR IMMEDIATELY. Do not induce vomiting.
INHALATION EFFECTS: Due to the small size of this container, no unusual health effects from over-exposure are anticipated under normal routine use. Mild odor.
NFPA HAZARD CODES HMIS HAZARD CODES RATING SYSTEM
*0= No Hazard, 1= Slight Hazard, 2= Moderate Hazard, 3= Serious Hazard, 4= Severe Hazard
4. FIRST AID MEASURES EYES: WASH EYES IN EYEWASH FOR 30 MINUTES LET DRIP DRY. DO NOT RUB EYES
SKIN: PROLONGED SKIN CONTACT MAY CAUSE SLIGHT IRRITATION/DERMATITIS. WASH SKIN WITH SOAPY WATER.
INGESTION: DO NOT INGEST. PROMPT MEDICAL ATTENTION IS MANDATORY IN ALL CASED OF OVEREXPOSURE. RESCUE PERSONNEL SHOULD BE EQUIPPED WITH POISON KITS. Victims should be assisted to an uncontaminated area and inhale fresh air. Quick removal from the contaminated area is most important. If breathing has stopped administer artificial resuscitation and supplemental oxygen. Further treatment should be symptomatic and supportive. DO NOT INDUCE VOMITING
5. FIRE-FIGHTING MEASURES This substance in not flammable.
6. ACCIDENTAL RELEASE MEASURES In terms of weight, these containers hold very little contents, such that any accidental release by puncturing etc. will be of no practical concern.
7. HANDLING AND STORAGE Suck back of water into the container must be prevented. Do not allow backfeed into the container. Use only properly specified equipment which is suitable for this product, its supply pressure and temperature. Use only in well-ventilated areas. Do not heat cylinder by any means to increase rate of product from the cylinder. Do not allow the temperature where syringes are stored to exceed 130oF (54oC).
8. EXPOSURE CONTROLS/PERSONAL PROTECTION Use adequate ventilation and protective gloves for extended use of cleaning compound.
MATERIAL SAFETY DATA SHEET - LAPPING COMPOUND PRODUCT NAME: Cleaning Compound
9. PHYSICAL AND CHEMICAL PROPERTIES PARAMETER VALUE: Physical state : solid Evaporation point : N/A pH : N/A Odor and appearance : Colorless, mild odor
10. STABILITY AND REACTIVITY Stable under normal conditions. Expected shelf life 24 months.
11. TOXICOLOGICAL INFORMATION No toxicological damage caused by this product.
12. ECOLOGICAL INFORMATION No ecological damage caused by this product.
13. DISPOSAL INFORMATION Do not discharge into any place where its accumulation could be dangerous. Used sryinges are acceptable for disposal in the normal waste stream as long as the cylinder is empty and valve removed or cylinder wall is punctured.
14. TRANSPORT INFORMATION
United States DOT/Canada TDG PROPER SHIPPING NAME:
Lapping (Cleaning) Compound
HAZARD CLASS: N/A
IDENTIFICATION NUMBER: UN1956
SHIPPING LABEL: NONFLAMMABLE GAS
15. REGULATORY INFORMATION Isobutylene is listed under the accident prevention provisions of section 112(r) of the Clean Air Act (CAA) with a threshold quantity (TQ) of 10,000 pounds.
16. OTHER INFORMATION This MSDS has been prepared in accordance with the Chemicals (Hazard Information and Packaging for Supply (Amendment) Regulation 1996. The information is based on the best knowledge of PID Analyzers, LLC , and its advisors and is given in good faith, but we cannot guarantee its accuracy, reliability or completeness and therefore disclaim any liability for loss or damage arising out of use of this data. Since conditions of use are outside the control of the Company and its advisors we disclaim any liability for loss or damage when the product is used for other purposes than it is intended. MSDS/81-101-500/March, 2006