DL-101 and Windows ® File Transfer
Prior to using Windows 95® File Transfer, a connection must be established between the DL-101 and the PC. Select the telephone icon on the top of the HyperTerminal toolbar to establish a connection (indicated in the lower left of the screen (disconnected/Connected)).
Open HyperTerminal in Windows 95® (found in the accessories folder) and start the hypertrm.exe program. The Connection Description dialog box will open, select Cancel.
Under File, select Properties and select the Phone Number tab and enter the following settings:
Phone Number tab:
- Connect Using: Direct to Com 1 (all other entry fields should be gray)
- Select Configure to enter the COM 1 Properties Post Settings dialog box:
- Bits per second: 9600
- Data bits: 8
- Parity: None
- Stop bits: 1
- Flow control: Xon/Xoff or Hardware
- Select Advanced:
- Use FIFO buffers - select this only if your PC utilizes a 16550 high speed Universal Asynchronous Receiver Transmitter (UART) chip.
- Receive Buffer: Set to mid-high settings
- Transmit Buffers: Not used
- Select OK to exit the Advanced Port Settings screen
- Select OK to exit the COM 1 Port Settings screen
The PC should now display the Properties/New Connection Properties dialog box again, select the Settings tab and enter the following:
- Function, arrow and ctrl keys act as: Terminal keys
- Emulation: Auto detect
- Background buffer lines: 500
- Beep three times when connecting or disconnecting: Do NOT select.
- Select the ASCII Setup button and enter the following:
- ASCII Setup:
- The ASCII Sending is for transmitting data from the PC and is not used for DL-101 communication; leave all of these settings at their default values.
- ASCII Receiving:
- Accept line feeds….Do not select
- Force incoming data…..Do not select
- Wrap line feeds…..Select this box.
- Select OK to exit the ASCII Setup menu
- Select OK to exit the Properties screen
The PC is now correctly configured to receive data from the DL-101. Now that the PC has been correctly configured, saving these settings will make it quick and easy to transfer data in the future. To save the settings, select File, Save As, and enter a file name that is easy to identify (i.e. dl_win95.ht). Refer to the DL-101 operating manual for additional information related to the DL-101.